ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III- Contractual
|Department||DHS - Frederick County DSS|
|Date Opened||4/11/2017 1:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.83 - $25.62/hour|
|HR Analyst||Fernando Erler|
LOCATION OF POSITION
FREDERICK COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
100 E. ALL SAINTS STREET
FREDERICK, MD 21701
Main Purpose of Job
- Budgetary Review:
- Completes Expenditure Monitoring report.
- Assists in year-end of accruals and encumbrances.
- Analyzes program budgets by participating in monthly meetings executive staff.
- Participates in the annual State and local budget requests.
- General Accounting/Monitoring:
- Assists with timely and accurate submissions of fiscal reports, monthly and quarterly as required by DHR and local procedures.
- Reviews and approves Financial Management Information System (FMIS) invoices to the Comptroller Office.
- Ensures adequate internal control procedures and separation of duties are in place for all finance operations.
- Assists with the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) audit.
- Assists in the preparation of Corrective Action plans and ensure adherence to those plans.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
Minimum of six months experience:
using FMIS, R*STARS and AFS or related accounting software packages.
reviewing and reconciling monthly invoices and reports.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems.
developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, please send your paper application to:
Frederick County Dept of Social Services
Attention: Human Resources
100 East All Saints Street
Frederick, Maryland 21701
Or fax requested information to: 301-600-2474; Email email@example.com.
For questions concerning this position, please call 301-600-2401.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation. Resumes and copies of diplomas are not required.
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay