CONSERVATION ASSOCIATE V
Land Management Administration
|Department||MDE - Land and Materials Administration (LMA)|
|Date Opened||4/10/2017 11:05:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,364.00 - $50,818.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Land Management Administration
Mining Program/Abandoned Mine Land Division
Acid Mind Drainage Section
160 S. Water Street, Frostburg MD 21532
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Two years as a Conservation Associate IV in the Maryland State Service.
Education: Possession of an Associate Degree or sixty semester hours from an accredited college or university, including at least eighteen semester hours in physical or biological science, engineering, or natural resources related course work.
Experience: Five years of full-time subprofessional technical experience in the natural resource fields or engineering.
Education: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a state high school equivalence certificate. Experience: Seven years of full-time subprofessional technical experience in the natural resources fields or engineering.
1. Completion of a State of Maryland sponsored Water Sewer Operators training course may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
2. Applicants may substitute thirty semester hours of which nine hours must be in physical or biological science, engineering or natural resources related course work for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources Management classifications or Environmental Engineering and Natural Resources Management specialty codes in the Engineering or Natural Resources field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties may be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. The nature of some positions in this class may require that the employee possess a valid Class A Maryland driver’s license. Therefore, possession of such a license may be required prior to appointment.
1. Candidates must be willing to travel and be available for work in any part of the State, subject to change of assignments as the work requires.
2. Persons appointed to the positions may be required to reside in the region, county, or area to which assigned.
3. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, applicants for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions.
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best, Better or Qualified and placed on the cert list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online; however, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Tammy Lewis, Recruitment and Examination Division
Office of Human Resources
MDE Reference Number: 17-002411-0001
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
410-537-3130/ EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.