DJS RESIDENT ADVISOR LEAD
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||4/11/2017 4:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,901.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Victor Cullen Center
6000 Cullen Drive
Sabillasville, MD 21780
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One and one half years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
Notes: 1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
2. Successful completion of six hours of supervisory related training approved by DJS Human Resources may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
3. Education in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences at an accredited college or university may be substituted at a rate of 15 credit hours for each six months of the required experience for up to one year of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services Aid and Assistant classifications or Social Service Aid and Assistant specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment as a DJS Resident Advisor II and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. If employed at a DJS Youth Center, employees in this classification must have completed a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a medication technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article of the Maryland
Annotated Code, Section 8-209, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in
accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. If employed at a DJS Youth Center, the employee must possess a Maryland Board of Nursing Medication Technician certificate in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupation Article, Title 8, COMAR Title 10, Subtitle 39, Chapter 04 - Medication Technicians.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
Office of Human Resources
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
ATTN: Linda Padgett
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|