NUTRITIONIST I **REPOST**
(Nutrition Education Coordinator)
|Department||DHMH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||4/25/2017 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/9/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $50,120.00/year, with potential growth to $61,691.00|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department, Columbia, MD
Main Purpose of Job
Plans, implements and coordinates all nutrition activities including breastfeeding promotion in Howard County WIC. Updates staff with nutrition information. Develops the annual nutrition education plan. Supervises the Competent Paraprofessional Authorities (WIC Services Associates).
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice under the licensing requirements for Nutritionists and Dietitians.
Experience: One year of experience providing professional nutrition or dietetic services.
1. A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Community Health or Nutrition may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Dietitian and Nutritionist classification or Dietitian and Nutritionist specialty codes in the Dietitian field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- WIC experience or in Maternal/Child Health
- Supervisory experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Dietitian/Nutritionist from the Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215 prior to permanent appointment. A copy of your current license or license verification should accompany your application.
2. Employees in the classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|