HEALTH PLANNER IV
|Department||DHMH Local Health - Prince George's County|
|Date Opened||1/5/2017 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/27/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$23.92 - $38.39/hour|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Prince George's County Health Department
Office of Assessment and Planning
1701 McCormick Drive
Largo, MD 20774
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to develop community and agency plans that improve the health of the population. This includes supporting the local health improvement coalition and planning process; evaluation of the agency strategic plan; supporting grant applications with data and narrative; leading quality improvement planning for the agency; and supporting the agency accreditation process.
Education: Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Planning, Public Health, Health Science, Hospital Administration or Health Care Administration.
Experience: Four years of professional experience in health planning.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the fields identified above and one year of professional experience in health planning may be substituted for the required Master’s degree.
2. Possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in the fields identified above may be substituted for three years of the required general experience.
3. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and two years of professional experience in health planning may be substituted for the required Master’s degree.
4. Applicants may substitute experience in health or hospital administration for up to four years of the required general experience on a year for year basis, provided the applicant has at least one year of professional experience in health planning.
5. Health planning experience obtained in a State Health Planning and Development Agency or in a Health Systems Agency as designated by Public Law 93-641 may substitute at the rate of three months for four months of the required experience.
6. General health planning experience as required above is defined as experience obtained in a professional capacity in an operation established solely for the delivery/evaluation of health services (e.g. Hospitals, H.M.O’s, Insurance Companies). Such experience must have been the primary purpose of the position during the time in question. Health Planning duties which are performed only incidentally are not considered as qualifying.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who works for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|