DIRECT CARE ASSISTANT I
|Department||DHMH Potomac Center|
|Date Opened||4/7/2017 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/21/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25,502.00 - $39,574.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Potomac Center, Hagerstown MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position's principal intermediate responsibility areas shall include: (1) helping each person served meet their personal outcomes; (2) successfully completing all inservice training modules inclusive of classroom, demonstrated competencies and CNA related; (3) full compliance with applicable policies and procedures relating to both individual care as well as identified outcomes and measures in place in furtherance of same; (4) provision of quality services in such representative areas as equipment utilization, data collection, personal hygiene, and programming; and, (5) matching newly-acquired skills to enhance growth and development of persons served per ITM's and ancillary programmatic goals. This position will be responsible for discharging all duties and conducting oneself at all times per all relevant Regulations, Standards, Policies and Procedures including: Departments of Budget and Management and Mental Health and Hygiene; Title 17 CODE OF MARYLAND REGULATIONS; MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING; Office of Health Quality; ICF-MR; Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services; CNA Certification/statutory requirements; Behavioral Principles and Strategies; and Potomac Center.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Six months of experience in work assisting in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of mentally or physically ill patients, aged or developmentally disabled clients.
Notes: 1. Applicants may substitute experience in patient or client direct care for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing or have successfully completed a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing within sixty days from date of hire prior to performing delegated nursing tasks. Please upload a copy of your current license or license verification to application or include license number and expiration date on application.
2. Employees in facilities that provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
3. Persons appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
4. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification must have successfully completed a direct care training course or examination approved by the hiring facility prior to permanent appointment to a position in this classification.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.