**REPOST** NURSE PRACTITIONER/MIDWIFE II
|Department||DHMH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||6/12/2017 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/26/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25.50 - $33.21/hour (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department, Columbia, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides health care to all ages in the community health centers of the Howard County Health Department which includes the following programs: Family Planning, STI Clinics, Refugee Clinic, and Tobacco Cessation. This is a contractual position limited to 24 hours per week.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Nurses under the certification requirements for Nurse Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife.
Experience: One year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Nurse-Midwife.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nurse Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife classification or Nurse Practitioner or Nurse-Midwife specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in using an EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
- Experieince in using online clinical knowledge databases (example- UpToDate) or researching clinical questions during patient visits
- Experience in ICD-10 billing procedures (diagnosis codes, procedure codes, modifiers)
- Experience working with uninsured and underinsured patients
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nurse Practitioner or as a Nurse Midwife from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your current license or license verification should accompany your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification may be subject to call and, therefore, may be required to provide the agency with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. For Recorded Job Information Call: 410-767-6018.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.