REGISTERED NURSE CHARGE PSYCHIATRIC **REPOST**
|Department||MDH RICA Baltimore|
|Date Opened||2/2/2017 8:53:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/5/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DHMH, RICA-Baltimore, Baltimore, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions at the level of full performance providing direct nursing care to severely emotionally disabled adolescents on a residential treatment unit. This position provides clinical and administrative supervision to RNs, LPNs and non-licensed staff. This position supports the treatment of clients that is family driven and youth guided.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Two years of experience as a registered nurse, one year of which must have been in a psychiatric setting.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of general experience.
2. A Master’s degree in nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
This position is for shift 2 (2:40 pm - 11:10 pm).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. A copy of your current license or license verification should accompany your application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.