ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF NURSING - PSYCHIATRIC
|Department||DHMH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||4/18/2017 3:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/2/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Springfield Hospital Center, Sykesville MD
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide management and clinical supervision to Springfield Hospital Center's nursing personnel. This position, which is supervised by the Director of Nursing (DON), provides pertinent information to the DON, which ensures consistent, competent, therapeutic care to all patients with the established fiscal constraints.
Education: A Master’s degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in the option for which application is made (psychiatric), to include two (2) years in a supervisory, consultative, teaching or administrative capacity.
Notes: 1. A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in the option for which application is made (psychiatric), to include four (4) years in a supervisory, consultative, teaching or administrative capacity may be substituted for the required education and experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Please upload a copy of your current license or license verification to application or include license number and expiration date on application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended; however, the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.