IT STAFF SPECIALIST
IT Project Coordinator
|Department||DNR - Information Technology Service|
|Date Opened||4/14/2017 4:03:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/28/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
For education obtained outside of the United States (U.S.), you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the U.S., please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html with the application.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or in operating systems and data communications technology.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or other information technology related field to include course work in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or in operating systems and data communications technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or maintaining and modifying operating systems for computers may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining a tape library to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining microcomputer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year-for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
- One (1) year of experience managing Information Technology related projects is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with program, project, or process management is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing government procurement solicitations is preferred.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately.
This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.