IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||3/17/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,193.00 - $85,401.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shadrick Phillips|
LOCATION OF POSITION
750 E. Pratt St., 16th Fl. Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Assist the PMO Director in implementing IT project standards, governance structure and audit mechanism for the IT Department.
Manage program level Lesson Learned Repository, conduct project review meetings, program level risks and issues register. Act as liaison with technical and business staff in implementing standards across the IT organization.
Develop IT standards guide in the areas of project management, application development, quality assurance and security.
Garner contributions from Project Managers, Development Team, QA Team and Security Team to ensure that the standards developed meet best practices. Implement project standards across all projects in the portfolio.
Manage internal and external communications from the PMO. Prepare consolidated material from project reports for weekly and monthly review. Prepare and distribute monthly IT PMO reports to senior management. Participate in HBX IT project planning activities: Identify, define and monitor project plans, tasks, goals, resource requirements, and deliverables.
Monitor and facilitate daily operations of core MHBE processes, such as 834 and 8001 transactional processes.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year- for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. IT PMO services experience including planning, designing and developing improvements and new or advanced systems or applications across.
2. Experience as an analyst from both IT technical and operational perspectives, developing and maintaining a repository of technical and functional operations documentation, and collaboration with functional and technical teams to ensure efficient operations of core processes.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. The rating may also be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all education and experience related to this position. Qualified candidates will be rated as either Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications of this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. The online application process is strongly advised, if the online process is not available to you, you may complete and submit a completed paper application along with the supplemental questions via email or mail to:
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange
750 East Pratt St., 16th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
For questions concerning this position, please email email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-735-2258
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.