|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||4/11/2017 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00/year, with potential growth to $65,827.00|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department, Columbia, MD
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing. A copy of your College or University transcript should accompany your application.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience. A copy of your certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Master's degree in Accounting should accompany your application.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year for year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Two years of experience in general ledger accounting. Note - This experience should include financial statement preparation and monthly and yearly closing. As well as; formulation of operating budgets, monitoring of expenditures, development of quarterly projections, managing year end close out, ensuring compliance with departmental and State fiscal policies and procedures.
- Experience in monitoring multiple budget/expenditures
- Knowledge of the State of Maryland financial system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office skills
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.