PSCS Social Worker I, Criminal Justice
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Institution For Women|
|Date Opened||4/20/2017 1:22:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/4/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The positions are available at the following locations.
7943 Brockbridge Road Jessup, Maryland 20794
550 E. Madison Street Baltimore, Maryland 21202
14100 McMullen Hwy SW, Cumberland, Maryland 21502
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide the full range of social work services to adult inmates housed in correctional facility within the Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services.
Maintains and completes monthly reports and statistics.
Serves on Peer level Consultation teams.
Participates in institutional, regional and divisional staff meetings as required.
Serves on special task force and work group as assigned by supervisor.
Completes special projects or task as assigned.
Provides clinical case management services and develops comprehensive aftercare plans for special needs inmates due to be released.
Provides individual counseling for crisis intervention as assigned
Provides psychosocial assessments for inmates referred for medical parole and court ordered addiction assessments.
Conducts therapeutic/didactic groups with a cognitive-behavioral theory base to the general inmate population.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a graduate social worker, certified social worker or certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees of the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services and the Department of Juvenile Services are required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Thomasine Johnson
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For questions or more information, please call 410-585- 3117.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|