REGISTERED NURSE CHARGE, MEDICAL
|Department||MDH Deer's Head Center|
|Date Opened||4/11/2017 11:36:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/25/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Deer's Head Center, Salisbury MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the overall case management and supervision of the Peritoneal Dialysis Program for patients who choose this modality of treatment for their End Stage Renal Disease. The Peritoneal Dialysis nurse develops and sets the standard of care for the chronic peritoneal dialysis patients and acts as a role model through professional practice. The patient population served is adolescent through geriatric. Additionally, this position provides supervisory duties as assigned to the hemodialysis unit driven by patient ratios and the peritoneal dialysis patient census.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
Experience: Two (2) years of experience as a registered nurse, one (1) year of which must have been in the option for which application is made (medical).
Notes: 1. A Bachelor’s degree in nursing or a related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of general experience.
2. A Master’s degree in nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience providing nursing care to patients who are receiving either hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
- Experience managing, coordinating and evaluating nursing care in a hospital based outpatient dialysis center
- Experience supervising nursing care delivered to patients by dialysis staff
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Please upload a copy of your current license or license verification to application or include license number and expiration date on application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.