Director of Treasury Management
|Date Opened||3/28/2017 3:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/2/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$92,333.00 - $123,236.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cissy Blasi|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Treasury Management Division is a division that was merged to bring the Investment Division and the Banking Services Division together into one Unit.
On the Banking Services side of the house, the two primary responsibilities are the accurate and timely recordation of State funds and the reconciliation of the State's bank accounts to the R*STARS general ledger accounting system.
On the Investment side, this position is responsible for the management of a $6.7 billion dollar investment portfolio in accordance with Maryland law and Maryland State Treasurer's Office Policy.
- Oversees the Maryland Local Government Investment Pool (MLGIP), a fund that is managed by an outside fiscal agent with a balance in excess of $4 billion dollars.
- Monitors the $6 billion dollar securities lending program as administered by an outside financial institution to ensure that the securities lending program is being operated in compliance with contractual provisions.
- Manages the $316 billion dollar annual total cash inflow and outflow of the State. Apportions Interest Earnings according to law.
- Responsible for the management and direction of the Banking Services Division. Responsible for all financial products and services procured and implemented by the State of Maryland. Direct responsibility for the reconciliation of the State bank accounts to the States General Ledger. Accounts for the 158 billion dollar inflow (15+ million in deposited items) and 158 billion dollar outflow (over 12+ million disbursed checks and electronic transfers).
- Direct responsibility for statewide contract compliance for all financial products and services vendors. Responsible for development, control, and maintenance of statewide policies and procedures for financial transactions, banking products and services.
- Responsible for collateralization of all bank balances (1,800+ accounts).
- Provide direction and be prepared to testify before Legislative Committees (Budget, Audit, and the Joint Committee on the Management of Public Funds) on issues and legislation affecting the States financial services and investment activities.
- Serve on National Investment, Cash Management, Banking, and Financial Services Boards and Committees as one of fifty State Treasury Management Experts. Speak at Local, State, and National Meetings to educate members in state of the art Treasury Management.
- Train and develop Division professional managers and staff in best practices for banking, investments and treasury management.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four year college or university.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Post graduate education from an accredited college or university in public administration, public policy, business administration, finance, economics or related field
- 10 or more years of managerial experience, at least 5 of those years in a financial environment
Notes: Applicants will be subject to a background investigation to include credit, criminal and driving history.
The examination consists of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on the information contained in your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information to describe your training and experience, on your application. You may be asked to supply transcripts upon interview.
General Questions about this recruitment can be directed to HR at 410-260-6382
Please upload a current resume’ for this recruitment.
If you do not have access to the Internet and need to fill out a paper application, please forward to:
Maryland State Treasurer’s Office
80 Calvert Street, Room 109
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
Attn: Human Resources
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: Call via Maryland Relay
This is an Executive Service position which serves at the pleasure of the Maryland State Treasurer and her designated appointees.