The After-School All Stars Program will provide academic and/or recreation instruction to middle school youth in a variety of subjects. The number of hours during this time is up to 16 hours per week. During the summer months, this is subject to change.
Nature Of Work
An employee in this class is responsible for assisting the Site Supervisor in the delivery of services for an After-School All-Stars after-school and/or summer program, to ensure educational, behavioral and financial objectives of the program and the needs of the staff, youth, families and public are met.
Examples of Duties
- Lead and/or supervise a variety of educational and athletic activities, while ensuring the safety of an after-school and/or summer program and facility.
- Assist in the coordination and supervision of activities and services offered at a program site.
- Maintain discipline at assigned site and confer with parents regarding curriculum and activities offered, participant progress and discipline problems.
- Supervise and/or teach tutoring and educational sessions, enrichment activities and arts and crafts at a site.
- Teach fair play and sportsmanship to youth while supervising and coaching athletic activities and games at the site.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in the accurate and timely reporting of individual site staff and program scheduling, payroll, inventory, and youth attendance.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in ensuring proper implementation of policy and procedures in the areas of operations and curriculum at program site.
- Assist the Site Supervisor in ensuring the safety and security of program and facility.
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledges, Skills & Abilities
Some knowledge of: techniques, aids, and use and care of equipment applicable to a wide variety of recreation, creative art and special events activities; basic records keeping.
Ability to: coordinate and conduct recreational and group activities; maintain records and compile reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, a diverse student population and the general public; perform activities requiring light to moderate physical strength and endurance; operate a light motor vehicle if required.
Skill in: administering first aid and CPR; operating sound and light systems.
Graduation from an accredited high school with one (1) year of experience in an organized educational, recreational or leisure services field working in various activities; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licenses or Certifications
Possession of a Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.
Possession of a valid Florida driver's license.
Evaluation of education and experience.
Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application.