Full-Time Benefits: Health, vision, dental, and life insurance; annual and sick leave; paid holidays; pension and tax-deferred compensation (457) plans; and more.
Nature Of Work
The Financial Systems Reporting Senior Applications Programmer Analyst is responsible for managing and performing a variety of assignments focused on analysis, design, development, testing, configuration, implementation and support of Oracle OBIEE reporting for the City of Tampa (City) Financial and Procurement systems. Exhibits initiative and independent judgment in prioritizing work requests, completing assigned tasks, resolving critical issues and meeting time constraints.
Examples of Duties
- Develop and maintain Oracle OBIEE reporting and publishing standards
- Develop end-user standards for ad-hoc report and query development
- Configure and Administer the City OBIEE environment
- Gather and analyze user/system requirements to prepare concise and detailed design documents which accurately reflect the end-user’s issues and solutions to meet their needs
- Work with end-users and Oracle Support team to resolve Oracle defects and migrate patches to production environments
- Work jointly with multiple internal Oracle teams and County/Clerk Oracle technical support teams
- Develop reports to meet user and vendor specifications
- Assist users in query and report development utilizing the business intelligence (BI) and other reporting tools for the application
- Consult with users to determine configuration changes to support the City’s business and legal requirements
- Prepare test plans for all phases of testing including unit, performance and user acceptance testing
- Develop and/or modify system operations and user documentation
- Conduct user training on new functions, procedures and processes including ad-hoc reporting
- Analyze and resolve system/application problems
- Analyze and document the impact of system upgrades on base system functions and customizations
- Self-manage work on multiple projects and change requests
- Has an understanding of City Financial and Procurement business systems and applications
- Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Considerable knowledge of: Oracle EBS Development Tools, Oracle Database, PL/SQL ,Oracle OBIEE (BI) functional, configuration and technical components; Financial and procurement, procedures and business functions;
Ability to: acquire knowledge of additional software systems; design and implement major computer systems and programs; train user and lower level personnel; coordinate and review the work of others; express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in business systems analysis and/or database administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in business systems analysis and/or database administration; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Evaluation of education and experience. Drug testing is included in all pre-employment processing.
HELPFUL HINTS FOR COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION: Please register before you begin the application process. This will enable you to view and re-use information from previously submitted applications to complete and submit any future applications. Please make certain your application is complete and the information you provide clearly demonstrates that you possess the minimum job qualifications as stated in the job announcement. Resumes can be submitted in support of an application, but not in lieu of an application. Resumes and copies of certifications or other required documents may be attached to your online application.