|Date Opened||10/15/2012 9:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/19/2012 3:26:00 PM|
|Full or Part Time||
DO NOT submit an application for this position to Human Capital Management!
To apply, please follow the directions below:
The Oklahoma Insurance Department has an opening in the Anti Fraud Division for an Investigator II. The salary is $45,000 to $55,000. This position is located in the Oklahoma City office and is open until filled. Please send Resumes to:
Oklahoma Insurance Department
Attn: Human Resources
Five Corporate Plaza
3625 NW 56th St, Ste 100
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
The Investigator II works independently to fully complete white-collar criminal investigations that lead to the successful prosecution of insurance fraud and related crimes; administrative investigations of regulatory violations pertaining to the insurance industry for the enforcement of appropriate civil actions/penalties; and occasionally, department investigations for background and internal purposes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform a wide range of investigative duties and other duties as assigned
• Maintain necessary confidentialities and establish/strengthen working relationships
• Investigate pertinent criminal and/or regulatory violations by, but not necessarily limited to,
• Gathering necessary information and evidence
• Analyzing all data and material obtained
• Conducting interviews and interrogations
• Drafting legal documents, such as grand jury subpoenas and search warrants
• Preparing reports and exhibits for criminal prosecution and/or regulatory enforcement
• Providing courtroom testimony in criminal and/or administrative proceedings
• Maintaining documentary case records, evidence files, and chain of custody
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Honorable and trustworthy character; self-sufficient in the exercise of sound, independent judgment
• Strong reading comprehension skills and the ability to extract pertinent information from documents
• Excellent report writing skills, specifically accomplished in the drafting of prosecutorial documentation
• Effective articulation and presentation skills, particularly when communicating technical information
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Familiarity with record management systems, relational databases, and statistical tracking systems
• Ability to research and understand Oklahoma State Statutes and administrative rules and regulations of the Oklahoma Insurance Code pertaining to insurance fraud and insurance industry regulation
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, business, accounting, computer or related fields and substantial full-time criminal investigative experience is required. Extensive experience and professional certifications relevant to position requirements may be substituted for some education. This is a commissioned peace officer position suitable only to applicants with extensive full-time experience in criminal investigations.
This is a commissioned peace officer position. The successful candidate MUST:
Possess and maintain valid CLEET Basic Peace Officer certification or above.
Possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma driver’s license with a good driving record.
Have no felony convictions, record of domestic violence or moral turpitude.
Pass all interview requirements and an extensive personal background investigation.
Meet all CLEET continuing education and OID agency personnel requirements.
Be proficient in “use of force” knowledge, the carry of firearms, and annual qualifications.
NOTE: Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department may not have an immediate relative who is financially interested, directly or indirectly, in any insurer, agency or insurance transaction (except as a policyholder or claimant).
Employees of the Oklahoma Insurance Department are unclassified employees of the state. For benefits offered by the State of Oklahoma to employees of the state, please use this link to access the Oklahoma Office of Personnel Management benefits page at http://www.ok.gov/opm/HR_and_Employee_Services/index.html. EEO/AA
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.