|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||10/31/2012 8:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2012 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Salary commensurate with education and experience|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services, Information Services Division is seeking an experienced Help Desk Technician to provide information technology services to the Oklahoma Tax Commission located in Oklahoma City. This is a full time, unclassified position in State government and will be eligible for a generous total rewards package. Benefits include medical, dental, life, and disability insurance products as well as defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans. Employees earn 3 weeks paid annual and 3 weeks sick leave in the first year as well as enjoy 11 paid holidays annually, flexible work hours, comp time, longevity pay and tuition reimbursement.
The successful candidate must be able to provide outstanding customer service and Tier 1 and Tier II support functions in a dynamic technical Help Desk. Candidates should be motivated and able to exercise independent judgment and decision-making capabilities while producing quality results in a fast paced environment. Solid communication skills, both verbal and written are essential. Must be comfortable working in a team environment and have strong people skills and telephone etiquette. Must be able to establish, maintain and follow documented Help Desk procedures and provide problem escalation information and status reports as required.
• Log and track customer calls using problem management system and maintain history records and related problem documentation.
• Provide top quality customer service by assisting customers with problems that occur with hardware, software, printers and network issues.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and provide problem resolution to technical issues regarding desktop operating systems, Windows XP, Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2003 & 2010, Active Directory, and Exchange email.
• Monitor Help Desk Email box, log issues and forward to appropriate areas.
• Reset passwords for Mainframe, Oracle and Network
• Resolve account lockout issues
• Assist customers with Laptop and Tablet connectivity and encryption issues
• Research problems to provide solutions to a variety of technical issues from operating systems, software, printers and email.
• Install and configure peripherals, software and operating systems.
• Monitor outstanding issues to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
• Act as a liaison between end-users, technical support staff and management.
• Manage Help Desk email and phone activity, providing strong customer service and effective dissemination of problem resolution or problem escalation.
• Provide status updates to functional areas with open trouble tickets.
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
Qualified candidates must possess an Associate’s degree or two years’ experience in help desk or technical support. An equivalent combination of education and experience substituting one year of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, Systems and Application Development, Help Desk, Disaster Recovery and Continuity Planning or closely related field for each required year of education.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess the following:
• A+ Certification and/or MCP Certification
• Knowledge of Windows XP and Microsoft Office 2010 applications. Currently migrating to Windows 7 & Microsoft Office 2010
• Microsoft certifications desirable
• 1+ years of Active Directory experience
• Experience with MS Exchange 2003/2010 administration
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.