|Date Opened||1/11/2013 8:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$1791.24 - $1939.58/month|
|Full or Part Time||
Serve as a switchboard operator with responsibility for directing incoming calls throughout the department, state, nation, and on an international level
• Serve as a switchboard operator with responsibility for directing incoming calls throughout the department, state, nation, and on an international level. Respond to telephone inquiries, screens calls, re-directs calls to appropriate department or office.
• Serve as Entry Control with responsibility for direction and control. Provide information as requested.
• Receive and route interagency and special mail services. Route parcels and packages delivered by express parcel and package services to the proper office within OMD.
• Assist with clerical duties of the command group. Assist in processing special mail outs to Commanders and other members of the National Guard. Maintain planning calendar for department main conference room. Type miscellaneous reports, memorandum in both military and civilian format. Perform routine tasks required in support of staff meetings, commanders meeting, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
General computer skill, typing, and a basic understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
Education and Experience:
Two (2) years experience in sales or public contact work or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This is a full-time unclassified state position with full state retirement and insurance benefits, including paid health, dental, life, and disability insurance for the employee and 75% paid health insurance for dependents. Annual leave of 10 hours per month and sick leave of 10 hours per month begin accruing immediately.
• Sitting for long periods of time
• Able to lift/carry a minimum of 10 pounds
Conditions of Employment:
• Unclassified service as an employee at will
• Contingent on a favorable background check
• Contingent on a favorable pre-employment drug & alcohol screening
• Nac-I for computer access
• Considered essential personnel that will report to duty during inclement weather
Position is located at the Joint Force Headquarters in Oklahoma City.
Employment eligibility verified through E-Verify (Homeland Security), and a National Agency Check for positions that require computer access.
Veteran’s preference points apply only for initial appointment in the classified service.