|Department||Office of Management and Enterprise Services|
|Date Opened||4/5/2013 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/11/2013 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Up to $43,000/year|
|Full or Part Time||
A resume and cover letter must be submitted along with your application.
The Office of Management and Enterprise Services (OMES) is a government agency providing services to other Oklahoma government agencies. We work toward the goals of capitalizing on available resources, continuing to seek cost saving opportunities and elevating our level of service. Our mission is to be a “FAST” agency: Flatter, Agile, Streamlined, and Technology-enabled.
The Information Services Division (ISD) is seeking a full-time Applications Specialist for our Oklahoma City location, providing IT services to the Oklahoma State Department of Health. This is an unclassified position within Oklahoma state government. Click here to view our comprehensive Benefits Packet.
• Reviews and analyzes organization's business needs, confers with users to evaluate requirements, discuss solutions and develop plan of approach.
• Analyzes and designs program logic, screen layouts, reports, station criteria and testing criteria to support development of new or enhanced systems.
• Assists with aspects of systems design including writing required programs, testing and evaluation of new processes and implementation of new applications.
• Prepares program documentation in order to support new or enhanced applications.
• Conducts or coordinates user acceptance, performance stress, regression and integration testing; makes changes and corrections as needed.
• Participates in structured walk-through and other activities to review systems and provide training and support.
• Performs ongoing maintenance and review of applications systems and programs, identifies problems, and develops appropriate solutions.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
A minimum of three years work experience with Microsoft development tools, object-oriented programming languages, direct web application, database design, development, and supported interfacing with Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle, TSQL and/or PLSQL, and Crystal Reports.
The completion of twenty-four hours of applications development coursework at an accredited college or university or comparable vocational/technical education course resulting in certification in application programming or a bachelor’s degree in CS or MIS.
The equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting 1 year of qualifying education for each year of required experience